FEP Activities - Week 14-18 December 2015
Brussels was “closed” between 21 December and 4 January and we expect everyone back at their desk as of today!
- EC/Commission consultations on geo-blocking and platforms
- EIF/Organising Committee EIF debate on ‘Copyright policy’
- EU Observatory/Customer satisfaction survey on the Observatory on IPR Infringements
- EIF/Organising Committee EIF debate on ‘Access of vulnerable people to the information society’
- London/EUPL and the London book fair 2016
- Frankfurt/Franco-German libraries and stakeholders meeting
- Brussels/Workshop on copyright
- EC/Public consultation on ICT standards in the DSM
- Paris/UNESCO Conference ‘Manufacturing Curiosity’
- EC/Public Consultation on modernising VAT for cross-border e-commerce
TISP article of the week
17 December 2015 - My publishing house is ruled by bots
By Gregorio Pellegrino
The article of this week is about the reorganization of the publishing process of Effatà editrice, an Italian small publishing house, made in order to optimize the procedures and reduce the management costs, thanks to a reengineering process based on automated actions and on the use of ONIX 3.0 to structure book metadata communication internally and externally.